The National Professional Development Institute (PDI) is the American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC)'s premier, annual training event for the defense financial management community which will be held May 29-31, 2024, at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
In 2023, over 7,500 defense financial management community members and stakeholders joined us in person and virtually for this professional development opportunity. This year, ASMC is once again pleased to offer a virtual option for attendees, but we hope to see you in Phoenix, where attendees will converge with high-level speakers and instructors for this three-day in-person and virtual event focused on education and training. PDI 2024 includes more than 100 educational sessions with over 300 speakers, and the ability to earn up to 150 continuing professional education (CPE) credits. CPEs include on-site sessions, virtually live-streamed sessions, and recorded session content post-PDI.
PDI features a full day of Service and Defense Agencies sessions; general sessions; mini courses aligned to the DoD Financial Management Certification Program competencies and associated proficiency levels; financial management, audit, acquisition, and workforce management sessions; and other special activities. ASMC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accounting (NASBA) standards to obtain and maintain certifications and will be offering NASBA credits for a number of on-site sessions.
ASMC has received the signed waiver letter from the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (OUSD) for PDI 2024.
5 Reasons to Attend PDI 2024 In Person
- In-person attendees will have more than 100 sessions tailored to the defense financial management community.
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) credits cannot be awarded to virtual attendees or attendees watching post-PDI recordings due to NASBA requirements.
- May 29th is Community Day at PDI 2024. Community Day, formerly known as Service Day, is a day set aside for each branch of military service to break into sessions that are specific to that service or agency.
- PDI offers plenty of networking opportunities with defense FM colleagues, high-level speakers, experienced instructors, sponsors and vendors, and attendees will have the opportunity to attend a Chapter Fair Street Party like never before!
- Phoenix, AZ is a great place to visit because of its stunning hotels, innovative restaurants, impressive cultural institutions, and natural beauty.
PDI 2024 is an opportunity you won't want to miss!